Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our flooding FAQs.
- What is the county council's role in flood risk management?
- My house has been flooded and I can’t find affordable insurance, is there anything I can do?
- A local watercourse has become blocked, who do I call to remove the blockage?
- How can I check if flooding has occurred at my property in the past?
- What does GCC provide for flood prevention?
- Do we build on flood plains?
- What is a 1-in-100 year flood risk?
The Local Planning Authorities decide where development occurs and they are governed by the National Planning Policy Framework. This states that development in a flood zone should only be agreed when it is absolutely necessary and that if it does occur, appropriate measures are taken to protect the site and elsewhere for the lifetime of the development.
Page updated: 04/12/2020