Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our flooding FAQs.
- What is the county council's role in flood risk management?
- My house has been flooded and I can’t find affordable insurance, is there anything I can do?
- A local watercourse has become blocked, who do I call to remove the blockage?
- How can I check if flooding has occurred at my property in the past?
- What does GCC provide for flood prevention?
- Do we build on flood plains?
- What is a 1-in-100 year flood risk?
GCC investigates the highest risk communities and, where suitable, will install a flood alleviation scheme to protect those properties.
Even if a flood scheme has been installed, we cannot guarantee that your property will not be flooding in the future, so we also recommend that you visit the National Flood Forum “Blue Pages” website for flood protection products that can be installed on your property.