Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our flooding FAQs.
- What is the county council's role in flood risk management?
- My house has been flooded and I can’t find affordable insurance, is there anything I can do?
- A local watercourse has become blocked, who do I call to remove the blockage?
- How can I check if flooding has occurred at my property in the past?
- What does GCC provide for flood prevention?
- Do we build on flood plains?
- What is a 1-in-100 year flood risk?
A 1-in-100 year flood risk
The phrase can be confusing. Many mistakenly believe that it is a flood that occurs every 100 years. However, the phrase really means a flood that has a 1% chance of occurring in any year. The July 2007 floods were in this category.