What should I do during a flood?
Below are the things you should do during a flood.
A flood is forecast
- Check for severe weather warnings and flood warnings by checking relevant websites such as the Environment Agency and the Met Office and listening to the radio and TV.
- Phone Floodline on 0345 988 11 88 for river flooding information.
- Protect what you can by moving pets, vehicles, valuables, sentimental items and important documents to safety / higher ground.
- Prepare food you can eat without cooking, clean bottled water and warm clothes.
- Charge your mobile phone and any portable chargers.
Page updated: 04/12/2020