Slimbridge Drainage Scheme
This is a major scheme that will renew and repair the highways drainage system in Slimbridge this autumn.
This is a major scheme that will renew and repair the highways drainage system in Slimbridge. The aim is to reduce the risk flooding to the highway and adjacent properties. The work will be carried out in phases between the outfall pipe near Lightenbrook Lane and The Close.
The roads will be closed in a number of different phases:
- Evening road closure - Longaston Lane to Lightenbrook Lane
1900 – 2400hrs 18th – 20th September
- Evening road closure - Moorend Lane to Longaston Lane
1900 – 2400 21st September – 25th September
- Full road closure - Moorend Lane to Longaston Lane
24-hours a day, 2nd October – 20th October
and 24-hours a day 30th October – 17th November
Thank you for attending our drop in event in August
Residents and local businesses were invited to a drop in event to find out more information about the drainage scheme.
What are the main elements of the work?
- Install a new 210m surface water drain down the middle of St Johns
- Install three new drainage road crossings
- Repair and line various lengths of existing drainage pipes
- Renew all road gullies along the length of the scheme
- Install new kerb drainage in an area particularly vulnerable to flooding
from the road, adjacent to The Malthouse / Blacksmiths Cottage
When will the work take place?
The work will start on the 11th September when we will be doing some pipe lining work and continue to 17th November (no work or road closures will be in place for Autumn half term, 23rd - 27th October).
Will the road be closed?
Yes the road will be closed in a number of different phases. Please see the maps in the Leaflet with detailed information & Maps which detail road closures, dates and diversion routes.
We will also have a daytime manned Stop and Go system 11th – 22nd September, 7.30am to 5.00pm, to manage traffic between Lightenbrook Lane and Moorend Lane.
What about the school bus?
Gloucestershire County Council will inform parents and the Bus Company of a temporary pick-up point while our work is underway. This is likely to be the Legion Club car park.
Are there any other highway works planned?
Road resurfacing from the A38 to Patch Bridge is planned for 2018.
Work in progress - October 2017