Traffic Data and Surveys
The Transport Monitoring Team is responsible for providing analysis of transport data, as well as the development and implementation of an annual data collection programme to ensure that all of the County's transport data needs are met. For a fee we can supply transport data and you can also commission us to carry out a traffic survey. Please see our prices or how to get a quote for a survey below.
The areas we are involved in are:
- Collecting and analysing transport data, including carrying out a wide range of surveys and assessments.
- Providing interpretation of transport data and making it available to the public and others.
- Commissioning and carrying out scheme assessments.
- Monitoring and management of the County's transport models.
- Contributing to the development of strategies and proposals for the LTP.
- Overseeing the monitoring of LTP targets and preparing Annual Progress Reports.
- Assisting in the preparation of transport policies and planning proposals for developments.
- Providing professional advice on transport monitoring and transport modelling.
We also carry out a wide range of surveys including:
- Automatic traffic counting via loops/tubes
- Manual classified turning counts
- Speed radar and tube surveys (excluding planning application surveys)
- Pedestrian and cycle counts
- Journey time surveys
- Registration surveys
- Roadside interviews
- Customised surveys based on your requirements.
Charges for supplying data we currently hold
- Speed/Volume/Classification data - from £80 + VAT per site
- Classified turning count data - T junction/ Crossroads/ 3-arm Roundabout - £150 + VAT per site
- Classified turning count data - 4 arm Roundabout/ 5 arm Roundabout - £250 + VAT per site
- Pedestrian/Cycle Counts - £110 + VAT per site
Commissioning a survey or study
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and obtain a quote.
Telephone: 01452 328970