PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools
Guidance on the PE and sport premium for primary schools can be found here.
Active Gloucestershire's County Sport Partnership is placed to support schools in utilising PE Premium Funding to bring about sustained impact (increased participation, performance levels, reaching full potential, healthier lifestyles).
The organisation works alongside other local appropriate structures to add value to schools' improvement processes i.e. Head teacher Learning Partnerships, School Sport Networks, PE Subject Leaders' groups, Healthy Living and Learning Team, Ofsted Inspectors.
Local support work available:
- Head teacher, Governors and PE Subject Leader communication, support and advice.
- PE Schemes of Work resource and training aligned to new national curriculum incorporating assessment structures (see details of local courses below).
- Swimming guidance and training opportunities.
- Use of Coaching Companies in schools; guidance and training opportunities.
- Funding opportunities; bid writing support.
- Sign posting to local training, opportunities, networks and central Government papers.
Contact their Primary PE and School Sport Officer, or visit the Active Gloucestershire School Sport website for resources, documents, templates, training.
Local Courses (June 2016)
See the attached flyers for details of locally offered courses provided by the Cheltenham & North Tewkesbury School Sport Network