Are you ready for Winter?
During winter weather, there are things we can all do to look after ourselves and others.
What can I do to stay well during winter?
- Heating your home to at least 18C poses minimal risk to the health of someone wearing suitable clothing.
- Visit your pharmacy for minor ailments, without an appointment. Pharmacists are experts on medicines and can signpost to other NHS services if needed.
- Check your vehicle is ready for winter and always carry an emergency kit.
- Take extra care on the roads, considering the weather conditions and lower your speed where visibility is reduced.
How can I help others?
- If you have elderly and vulnerable neighbours or relatives, check on them regularly, help them stock up on food supplies and make sure they have necessary medication before the Christmas holidays start or before a spell of bad weather.
- If you’re worried about someone sleeping rough contact Gloucestershire’s street homeless outreach team via www.streetlink.org.uk or by downloading the Streetlink app from the app store, or you can call 0300 500 0914.