Free Stonewall Education Champions Training
Free Stonewall Equality & Diversity Training for Primary Schools is available on 11th July 2017, 9.30 - 4.00pm and for Secondary Schools on12th July 2017, 9.30 - 4.00pm at 2&6 Therapy Rooms, Gloucester.
Stonewall and GHLL are offering a training day to teachers, lecturers, tutors, learning mentors, pastoral, anti-bullying and PSHE staff.
Bullying has a severe impact on the well-being, attainment and aspirations of LGBT students. Seven out of ten students who have experienced homophobic bullying say it has had an impact on their schoolwork; half say they have skipped school to avoid bullies. In some cases, the exclusion of LGBT people from the curriculum, and the reinforcement of negative messages around sexual orientation and gender identity, can severely affect self esteem.
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying, and celebrate difference.
- Practical ways to support lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans young people.
- Gain an overview of the current state of homophobic, biophobic and transphobic bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance.
- Find out how to meet your Ofsted and legal requirements under the Equality Act 2010.
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools