Free wellbeing support over the summer
We know the summer term is a very busy time for schools, which can put a strain on the wellbeing of staff. We want to remind you that free wellbeing support is available for all schools. Please make your staff aware of how to access it.
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides confidential support on a range of issues 24/7, 365 days a year, and is free for all schools within Gloucestershire until 31 August 2022 through the Council’s Occupational Health team.
Using funds from the government’s ‘Contain Outbreak Management Fund’, we currently provide free access to the EAP, to help staff maintain their physical and mental wellbeing and prevent issues from escalating. The support available includes:
- A counselling helpline, available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week
- Structured counselling, up to six sessions by phone
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and E:counselling
- Legal advice helplines including debt advice, employment, consumer and finance
- Access to the ‘My Healthy Advantage’ App
- Webinars and video resources on health and wellbeing, as well as structured health plans
- A whole host of supporting materials via a dedicated website and mobile app
The support offered by the programme is available to all school staff and their dependent family members. All services are free at point of use for both the staff member and the school.
Download a poster to share details with your staff
All local authority maintained schools and academies will be able to purchase EAP again as a traded service from September 2022 and we will update you nearer the time.
Find out more about our free wellbeing support for school staff.