Harmful Sexual Behaviour Training
As part of the Safeguarding Children in Education on-going commitment to schools in Gloucestershire and as part of your Traded Service package for 2021/2022, the Gloucestershire Safeguarding in Education Team is able to offer you and your team access to the NSPCC e-learning course on Harmful Sexual Behaviour.
Following the Ofsted review of sexual abuse in schools and colleges last year (read report here), one of the recommendations was that training should be provided to ensure that all staff (and governors, where relevant) are able to:
- better understand the definitions of sexual harassment and sexual violence, including online sexual abuse
- identify early signs of peer-on-peer sexual abuse
- consistently uphold standards in their responses to sexual harassment and online sexual abuse
You should hopefully have by now received an email from the NSPCC with the log in details.
The course is CDP certified, has been developed by subject matter experts specialising in preventing harmful sexual behaviour and can be undertaken as many times as you like between now and the 13th January 2023.
Unfortunately as we are only able to provide you with 1 login per setting you will need to think about how best to include staff in the training such as:-
- Use the login to deliver the training to staff as one group (as we do for whole school training) and record the names of those in attendance on the certificate once printed.
- As you have access to the course until January 2023 this could be broken down over several staff meetings.
- SLT undertake the training and then deliver in-house training. Please be aware though if you enter answers as you go through the training, you are not able to remove these if you then wanted to go through the modules with staff.
You can of course purchase additional courses through the NSPCC at a cost of £35p per person.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Lou via our generic email which is firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloucestershire Safeguarding in Education Team