#KidsJabs - promoting childhood vaccinations
This week marks the launch of a Public Health campaign to promote the uptake of childhood vaccinations; it coincides with the World Health Organisation Immunisation Awareness Week.
The main aims are:
- To raise awareness of the importance of childhood vaccination in education and childcare professionals, enabling them to encourage parents/carers to vaccinate their child.
- To get all education/childcare organisations to share the pre-written letter to parents.
- Work with individual organisations to promote the messaging through their channels – in particular social media and websites.
- Raise awareness of the importance of childhood vaccination in parents/carers and wider family members.
A toolkit of resources has been created which can be downloaded from the NHS website this includes:
- Posters to display in any areas where parents/carers visit.
- An article to include in any newsletter you may issue and information for websites.
- Graphics and messages, including a hashtag, to add to Facebook pages.
- Pre-written Tweets and a hashtag to use on Twitter accounts.
In June the NHS Information bus will be available to visit schools around Gloucestershire to help disseminate the message. If you require any further information please contact email@example.com