Last Chance to book onto Summer Primary and Secondary Subject Leader Network Meetings
These sessions are a great opportunity for Subject Leaders in both Primary and Secondary to gain up-to-date knowledge and be able to discuss and reflect upon the latest changes. It will allow teachers to explore practical, classroom-friendly ideas and materials.
All of our events will be held in the Pavilion in Cheltenham, 09:15 – 15:15. For the dates for each session, please see the Primary dates below:
And our Secondary events are going to be held on:
Secondary English – 22.06.22
Secondary Maths – 20.06.22
Secondary Science – 08.06.22
Our agendas have been shaped by local and national priorities as well as other Subject Leader Feedback:
- Review 2022 statutory assessments (EYFS, KS1, Y4 MTC, KS2) and consider implications moving forward.
- Case studies from two Gloucestershire schools focusing on leadership and curriculum developments for mathematics.
- GLOW Maths Hub: reflections of 2021/22 and CPD opportunities for 2022/23.
- Teaching and learning: Oracy (including school case study).
- Focus on GCSE (Y10 students)
- Assessment (Part 1): Reflections and next steps re GCSE exams and KS2 test papers.
- Assessment (Part 2): Marking and Feedback policy and practice.
- Local and national updates including the White Paper ‘Opportunity for all: Strong schools with great teachers for your child’.
- Exploring children’s scientific enquiry skills: helping children to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Mixed aged classes: models of organisation
- Sticky knowledge & misconceptions: How inaccurate prior knowledge can be a significant barrier to new learning.
- An opportunity to share books you have used to promote science.
- An opportunity to share science activities
- A good practice presentations from a Gloucestershire science lead.
- STEM – How to build STEM in the primary curriculum
- Presentation from STEM Ambassadors
- Presentation from Oxford Smart
- Fossils and the school rock boxes
- The theme for the meeting is AMBITION
- Local and national updates
- Building a science curriculum for all: meeting the needs of SEND learners
- Assessing gaps in knowledge
- Using the OUP Smart materials
- Supporting more-able learners in science
- Integrated instructions for practical work
- Transition from KS2 to KS3
- Feedback from a recent inspection
- Exploring best practice in English to ensure ambitious outcomes for SEND learners.
- Teaching of Spelling- a presentation from a Headteacher about his school’s approach; the rationale, what it looks like in practice and the impact it is having on writing across the curriculum.
- Support from the English Hub- opportunities to network with schools who are using the same SSP
- Feedback from English leads who have recently experienced Inspection
- Bristol Poet Laureate: Writing for Wellbeing (resources for school, developed with Hospital Education)
- Writing work sampling: Y7,8,9 writing
- Strategies for engaging students in English
- KS3 set texts refresh
- Local and national updates (e.g., Cheltenham Festivals)
Make sure to book your place on our GCCPlus site: www.businesssupportservices.org
Details can also be found on ‘Schoolsnet’ https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/schoolsnet/glosed/networks/headteachers/