Preparing for Winter – IMPORTANT ACTION REQUIRED
Now the colder weather is finally here, the following advice will help you to prepare for the weather.
Isolation of Mechanical services
- Ensure you know where your isolation points are within your buildings. (Your Property Care Engineers can help to identify the location of stop taps and main isolation valves within your buildings).
- Make sure that they are free to operate.
- Keep access routes clear and unhindered to these important isolation points.
- Locate and turn off mains water stop taps at night and over weekends – especially in mobile classrooms. Turn back on as required. Check and listen for water leaks when re-instating water supply.
Boiler and Heating controls
- Ensure controls are set correctly and you have a basic understanding of their operation.
- Have frost stats and heating controls checked at your annual service by suitably approved contractor.
- Ensure frost protection / night temperatures are set to around 100C.
- Keep heating system day set point temperatures to a maximum of 190C to avoid excessive fuel consumption.
- Ensure night storage heaters are set to maximum input.
- Ensure lagging to mechanical services and storage tanks is in good order.
- Pay attention to remote out buildings and temporary buildings.
- Ensure Oil tanks and LPG Vessels are topped up to meet the increase in demand through any cold period.
- Please make sure you have sufficient stocks of rock salt on site.
- Please contact Cathy King, 01452 328834 to order.
- In order to take part in this service you need to have purchased either Grounds Silver or Gold packages through SLA online.
It is essential to check your heating & calendar settings are correct.
Where TREND systems are installed you can log into your system by “copying and pasting” the below http address link into your Internet address bar (not search engine).
If you have been provided with a different http address by Asset Management and Property Services, please continue to use the one you have been advised of.
You must log in as soon as possible (checking that all of your TREND network cables are connected) to ensure you are able to log-in and change settings as required.
Calendars (Diary Section) can be set up well in advance of the school holidays and we would encourage you to use this feature to help manage your heating settings more effectively.
If you cannot connect to TREND, it is essential to check that your router is still connected to your TREND system by “Ethernet” (network) cable. Please check this is securely connected.
If you have changed internet provider or had any ICT works completed, please contact your Property Care Engineer for advice as your IP address link to TREND may have changed.
Please see attached TREND Basic Operation Guides which explain how to review and adjust TREND heating settings.
Help is available!
Your dedicated Property Care Engineer can assist if you require support to prepare for the winter, depending on the level of Property Care SLA you have purchased.
Should you require further assistance please email the Building Helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org