Rapid COVID-19 test kits now available at five city libraries
From Wednesday 16 June you can collect your free, rapid COVID-19 test kits from one of five libraries located in and around Gloucester City.
Regular, rapid COVID-19 tests are for people with no symptoms. Rapid testing helps to detect cases of the virus, that we might not of otherwise known about, so that action can be taken quickly to help prevent the virus spreading to others.
Alongside getting both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination when invited and following the rules around hands, face space and fresh air, rapid testing is key to protecting ourselves and getting back to a more normal way of life as soon as possible.
The following libraries are offering the service, please check opening hours as these will vary between each site:
- Hucclecote Library: Hucclecote Road, Gloucester GL3 3RT
- Gloucester City Centre: Eastgate Shopping Centre, Brunswick Road, Gloucester GL1 1HT
- Longlevens Library: Church Road, Longlevens, GL2 0AJ
- Quedgeley Library: Bristol Road, Quedgeley, GL2 4PE
- Churchdown Library: Parton Road, Churchdown, GL3 2AF
In addition to the new library collection points, there are more than 100 pharmacies county-wide where you can pick up your free rapid tests, with some pharmacies starting to come on board to offer onsite testing. The NHS Site Finder Map includes the locations of all participating pharmacies and Community Collect points across the county.