Reminder from Education teams - DBS checks for Gloucestershire County Council Education Staff
As you will be aware from Keeping Children Safe in Education, there is no longer a requirement for all GCC education staff to have a DBS check unless they are undertaking regulated activity, which is broadly defined as regularly teaching, instructing or supervising children.
All education staff from the following services that work alone with children hold a DBS check:
- Educational Psychology Service
- Advisory Teaching Service
- Performance Advisers and Education Leads
- Virtual School
- Hospital Education Service
- Everyone in Gloucestershire Music who needs a DBS has a DBS
- Restorative Practice team
Other education staff who also visit and support schools also hold a DBS check, namely:
- Education Inclusion Service staff, including MASH education
- Parent Advisers
- GHLL Lead Teachers
Please ensure you ID check all visitors coming into your school to satisfy yourselves that they are who they say they are. If you are unsure, please contact 01452 425000.
This emails serves as confirmation of GCC education staff DBS status. You do not need to see the DBS check for GCC staff from the above services coming into your setting.
Please also note that all other recruitment checks, including right to work and overseas checks, are carried out by GCC’s Recruitment and HR team.