Scam Callers and Emails Targeting Schools
Please note there are a variety of scam callers and emails targeting schools again for invoice payment
Please note there are a variety of scam callers and emails targeting schools again for invoice payment; from the usual suspects – Emergency Services and Safety Magazines that claim you advertised with them and you need to pay, to a current one which appears to come from someone called Kirsty Bradley at ARHR Consult, which is a legitimate recruitment consultancy, however the language used in the email for a school is unusual and the link to lead you to ‘uploaded invoices’ is highly suspicious.
What should you do if you’ve received a scam email?
- Do not click on any links in the scam email.
- Do not reply to the email or contact the senders in any way.
- If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open.
- Do not open any attachments that arrive with the email.
- Further information on Scam Emails can be found on the Police - Action Fraud website: www.actionfraud.police.uk/scam-emails