SEND Banded Funding Initiative (update)
The Banded funding initiative is about allocating funds to settings that will allow creativity and flexibility to achieve outcomes at the earliest opportunity.
Further to our previous communication we are pleased to update you regarding the testing phase for this project which began in March 2022. We are working positively with all maintained special schools (10), 4 mainstream Primary and 4 mainstream secondary schools. We anticipate this phase to be completed by September 2022.
Our intention during this period is:
- To test and validate the descriptors (are they clear and understood?)
- To test and refine the new banding process (is it simpler and better? Does it work?)
- To collate actual costs of provision to inform future funding
- To engage key stakeholders, gather feedback and lessons learnt
- To review and agree the descriptors and process
We continue to capture valuable feedback to help inform and refine the systems and processes to support a coordinated roll out to the wider system. This planned roll out & implementation is currently being considered. We will ensure there is opportunity for further engagement on this and will continue to connect with you.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the team at email@example.com