Space Chase Summer Reading Challenge 2019 (Primary)
Runs 13th July – 7th September 2019 In all Gloucestershire Libraries.
Space Chase will take young readers on an out-of-this-world adventure inspired by the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing.
Children taking part in the Challenge will help our super space family, The Rockets, as they track down books nabbed by mischievous aliens! As children read library books, they will collect special stickers for their colourful collector's folder. Perhaps your school would like to give house points or equivalent for completers who bring in their medal and certificate?
How do schools benefit?
- The Summer Reading Challenge is intrinsically inclusive and can contribute to the achievement
of ALL your pupils including those with special educational needs, disadvantaged pupils and
the most able
- It enhances and supports your school’s reading policy and your mission for all children to read more widely and for pleasure
- It encourages parental engagement and family involvement in reading and helps your school make links with the library and the wider community
- It allows children to become more independent in their reading when choosing books and encourages using imagination and empathy to explore a text beyond the page
- It takes place at your local library and is a brilliant opportunity for extra-curricular activity
- It helps prevent the tendency for children’s reading to dip over the holidays and supports the successful transition between year groups and stages.