Advisory Teaching Service
Providing specialist support for children and young people with SEN, disabilities and additional needs .
Useful resources for settings and parents have been uploaded, please see individual Specialist Team pages below.
Please checkout our useful clips : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYrm2ArgsNRy4kKHf9aPsPQ
We are currently experiencing a high volume of referrals. In order to direct your referral appropriately, and to avoid delay in processing, we need your referral to be as informative as possible.
- Have you checked our website to consider whether the child or young person meets our team(s) criteria?
- Have you considered using the ATS advice lines (see numbers below in 'About the Advisory Teaching Service') for a no names conversation with a specialist teacher?
- Have you used the information on Glos Families Directory with regarding to the Graduated Pathway (for example, advice on content of My Assessment)?
- Have you included/referred to any relevant information or advice from health or medical professionals?
- Have you been specific about the nature of the support you require? (For example, avoid general statements such as “Advice to support better progress in school”, or “Advice to help him/her meet their potential”). This will help in ensuring that it is sent to the correct team.
About the Advisory Teaching Service
Read our aims, find out about supply teacher opportunities and download our referral form
ATS Training and Traded Services
See what is available and book a place
Communication and Interaction Team
This team works with children who have severe language impairments or disorders, severe social communication difficulties, and those on the autism spectrum.
Team for Hearing Impairment
This team supports children whose primary difficulty is related to hearing and those who have a hearing loss in addition to other disabilities.
Team for Visual Impairment
This team works with children with a significant level of visual impairment.
Team for Children and Young People with Physical Needs
This team works with children and young people with physical needs and complex needs.
Team for Children with Cognition and Learning / Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
This team works with children and young people with cognition and learning, behavioural, emotional and social difficulties.
Team for Children and Young People with Multisensory Impairment
This team works with children and young people with multisensory impairment