Primary Authority Partnership
Primary Authority Partnerships
Local authority trading standards services provide advice to businesses on a wide range of legislation and having a Primary Authority Partnership means they have a single point of contact across the United Kingdom on these issues.
The scheme allows businesses to form a legally recognised partnership with one local authority - the 'Primary Authority' - in order to receive tailored support in relation to one or more specific areas of law, for the long term. This partnership is resourced by the business and designed to save them costs using a more efficient method of complying with their legal requirements. It provides ‘assured advice’, co-ordinating any action considered across all locations, the methods of dealing with complaints and developing an inspection or audit plan for the business. Over 16,000 businesses across the UK have benefitted from these partnerships.
What does assured advice mean?
Assured advice means that once the advice has been implemented the business can have confidence that it is compliant and that another regulator can't require it to comply in a different way.
What are the benefits?
- allows businesses to reach consensus on how regulations affect them
- gives the opportunity to obtain business advice without the additional charge of VAT
- two yearly meetings with status feedback and review and information on new legislation and regulations
- provides businesses with a single point of contact and quicker response times to enquiries
- businesses report these partnerships save them time and money allowing staff to concentrate on core functions
- businesses can invest in products, practices and procedures, knowing that the resources they devote to compliance are recognised throughout the country
- new products and services can be planned with targeted clear advice on advertising, pricing, packaging and labelling
- provides them with a consistency of regulatory advice and guidance
- support and training for staff development in regulatory issues
- addressing incoming complaints from other enforcing authorities, businesses or consumers
- provides introductions to others in the County’s Regulatory Services
Each partnership is tailored to the business; its size, type and issues it faces. Partnerships typically start at £250 set up the scheme and two bespoke visits to the business, act as a point of contact for trading standards services across the country and to be able to receive assured advice. Further business advice or support offered at £70 per hour.
Contact us for more information