Gloucestershire LTP’s role in the planning process
What is the LTP’s role in the planning process?
The LTP is a material consideration when a Local Planning Authority determines a planning application. The LTP should be consulted during:
- Pre‐app discussions with developers
- The master planning of development sites
- The production and assessment of Transport Assessments or Transport Statements
- The production of transport evidence supporting a Local Plan or Neighbourhood Development Plan
- The Plan Making Process outlines the Gloucestershire LTP’s role
- The reviewing public transport contracts or responding to franchise consultations
- Applying for funding bids
- Providing consultation responses
The information contained within the LTP will provide an invaluable starting point for communities writing Local, Parish or Neighbourhood Development Plans.
The LTP is a living document which will be updated to reflect the adoption of these plans creating a reciprocal relationship strengthening transport delivery within Gloucestershire. The Plan Making Process Table outlines this process.