The Park & Ride process
Please see our main Park & Ride page for full information about the service, including opening times, links to timetables and fares.
The following improvements to free up more parking spaces for park and riders, help ease congestion and improve air quality in Cheltenham:
- a payment system for bus users who park at the site;
- parking charges for users who park at the site but choose not to use the bus service; and
- limiting the number of parking spaces for non bus users to 150 spaces.
The payment system for bus users using the Park & Ride:
- Once you have parked your vehicle, you will need to enter your vehicle’s registration number plate on the touchscreen machines clearly signposted next to the bus shelter.
- You will then receive a reusable ticket with a QR code. You should keep this ticket safe as you will need to use it on the bus that serves the site.
- When you get on the bus, please pay the bus driver as usual for your journey
- Finally, you will need to scan your QR code ticket using the reader on the bus. This will confirm you qualify for free parking.
Note: If the ticket isn’t scanned on the bus, the user will be issued with a penalty charge notice and fine of up to £50
Watch this video to find out how to use the payment system.
Parking charges for users who park but don’t use the bus service:
- A parking charge of £6 per day applies (£3 per day if parking after 1pm).
- A maximum of 150 parking spaces are available for those who wish to park but not use the bus service.
- To book and pay for one of the available 150 spaces; drivers should use the MiPermit cashless payment system, available online mipermit.com as an app at the Apple and Play stores.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I leave my car overnight at the site without rescanning my QR code the next day?
No, the QR code must be scanned daily to receive free parking
Do I need to obtain a new QR code every time I travel?
No, the QR code encodes your car registration and as long as your vehicle registration is the same you can keep reusing the QR code ticket. We shall be offering free plastic wallets to keep your QR codes safe.
If I do not validate my QR code on the bus, what will happen?
If you do not validate your QR code, then you will not qualify for free parking and will receive a parking ticket of up to £50.
Are there any payment facilities for paid for parking on site?
No, there is no facility to pay for parking on site
Do I need to display anything in my car to show I am using the bus or have paid for parking?
No, the process is fully digital, and you will not need to display anything in your car.
Do I still need to buy a ticket to travel on the bus?
Yes, you will need to pay the driver for travel as usual.
If I put the wrong registration into the QR code machine and have received a parking ticket, what should I do?
If you have made a genuine error with your registration, then you are able to appeal against the parking ticket using the details on the rear of the parking ticket.
Can I park on the site for a short time without receiving a parking ticket?
No, the maximum stay without receiving a ticket will be 10 mins, if you stay longer than this you may receive a parking ticket.