gloucestershire.gov.uk uses cookies to make the site simpler.
Find out more about cookies

Skip to main content

Have you got a question about school transport?

School transport enquiries is open today - 09:00 am - 05:00 pm

Please note: Bearlands is closed due to renovation works to Shire Hall so you may need to plan an alternative route into car parks in and around Shire Hall at the moment.

Email us if you have a question about school transport.

Recent questions we have been asked

How can I apply for a school bus pass?

My child has lost a bus pass - how do I get a replacement? 

School trips

Q: Are parents allowed to transport school children on a school trip or to activities?

A: School trips are arranged by each individual school and schools should have a policy to show parents. The council recognises that it is sometimes more practical for schools to use volunteer drivers to transport small numbers of pupils and we provide guidance to schools though this is only advisory. 

We recommend that schools ask parents of pupils being transported to give their written consent. We also recommend that the school ask drivers to confirm in writing that they have a valid driving licence, appropriate insurance and MOT (where required).



Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.