Children in Care Council and MOMO
The Children in Care Council (CinCC) is your voice for for all children in care in Gloucestershire. We want young people in care and those leaving care to be actively involved in helping to decide what services they receive.
Gloucestershire's Children in Care Council seeks to represent and promote the views, opinions and experiences of Gloucestershire's Children in Care and Care Leavers in order to influence the development of services provided by Gloucestershire County Council and its partners.
What we do
- It is our job to improve services for other Gloucestershire children and young people in care
- We aim to listen to children and young people in care so that their voice can be heard by adults that run Children's Social Care
- We aim to improve gaps in services that Gloucestershire provide us because we want children and young people in care to have a better quality life.
- We want the experience of coming into the care of Gloucestershire County Council to be a positive one for children and young people in care.
- We explain to adults that run Children's Social Care what changes we would like to see.
- We work as a team and co-operate with each other to get good results for children and young people in care.
- Tell us about service that you get. Happy with it? Got ideas on how it could be better?
- Join the CinCC. Or get involved in ad hoc bits of work.
- Take part in surveys, consultations, workshops, training, recruitment, conferences, focus groups, etc. Lots of different opportunities to have your say.
If you want to get involved with the work of the CinCC you can either,
- talk to your social worker/IRO
- talk to your foster carer
- talk to a member of the CinCC or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- phone Lyn or Della on 01452 426193 / 01452 425814
- Follow us on Twitter @VoiceCinCC
MOMO (Mind of My Own) has been launched in Gloucestershire!
What is it?
It is an App to help young people to express their views, wishes and feelings.
So, YOU can use it to prepare for a meeting, sort out a problem or change something.
You can use the App to prepare a statement which you can send to a person of your choice ...it could be your Social Worker, Leaving Care Worker, Independent Reviewing Officer, Virtual School or someone else.
How can it be used?
The App can be downloaded on smart phones or tablets, free from I-tunes store or Google store; or it can be used online on a laptop or desktop PC, basically wherever there is an internet connection.
What about security?
You can log in using a password (set up by you). Just make sure you log out, especially when you are sharing a device.
"MOMO is a brilliant and creative way of receiving children's views and complaints. The app keeps you up to date and can brilliantly be used 24/7!" -Misha, Ambassador
At the last 11-16's Forum, members said they think you would enjoy using the app.
Check it out. Download it. Test it.
Go to the mindofmyown website to take you to download options or to view online or search for 'Mind of My Own' in the I-tunes or Google store.