Annual Designated Teacher Training Day
Every year we hold an annual Designated Teacher (DT) training day.
See below to see what we have done previously and to find out what is happening next time.
The Virtual School held its annual Designated Teacher Training at The Pavilion in Cheltenham on Thursday 26th January
We looked at the specific needs and challenges for Children in Care in education and techniques to help improve their outcomes. This training also included a Key Speaker from the FASD Trust, who will discuss the identification and support of students with Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
- An understanding of FASD
- Achievement for all
In response to feedback from the last Designated Teacher Training day, we ran workshops on the following topics:
- An Introduction to LEGO therapy
- Therapeutic techniques for primary (this will be a small group; first come, first served)
- Understanding and supporting students with Attachment Disorder at Secondary School
- Views from Gloucestershire’s young people in care
- Outcomes for Children in Care - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Supporting students with Adoption and Special Guardianship Orders and those on the Edge of Care.
Presentations from the day can be found below: