Skip to content

Gloucestershire Homes for Ukraine sponsor guide

Ukraine flag.

Thank you for offering your home to someone in need. The generosity of people across the county in providing safety and refuge to those fleeing Russia’s war in Ukraine reflects the very best of our county.

We are working with the district councils; the NHS Clinical Commissioning Group; Gloucestershire Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers (GARAS) and other partners to support sponsors and guests through the Gloucestershire Housing Partnership.

This guidance is being issued by the Gloucestershire Housing Partnership for those who have registered as sponsors in the Homes for Ukraine Scheme in Gloucestershire.

We are still receiving updates and information from central government regarding the scheme; requirements for sponsors; and how local authorities are expected to help. 

As more information becomes available, we will continue to update this guide. It should be read alongside the national guidance for sponsors.

Please read this Advice for Host Families pack produced by Barnardos and their partners. It contains more information about Ukraine culture differences and how to support someone suffering from traumatic experiences.

The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) have advised us that under the Homes for Ukraine scheme children (under 18 year olds) can only be granted a visa if they are with a parent, or other adult with appropriate responsibility for the child.   Children under 18 will NOT be granted a visa under this scheme.  If you have matched with an unaccompanied child under 18, please contact the Home Office about this to discuss.  Sadly, we are unable to help with this at a local level.  You are allowed to match with any adult over 18, or any guests who are in a parental role and have children with them. 

Page updated: 12/05/2023 Page updated by: GCC communications

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.