Ukraine Family Scheme – FAQs
The Ukraine Family Scheme allows people who are fleeing Ukraine to join their family members who are British nationals, UK-settled people and in certain other situations. You can read full criteria on eligibility to the Ukraine Family Scheme on the Government website. It is free to apply.
- What is the Ukraine Family Scheme?
- What is the difference between the Ukraine Family Scheme and the Homes for Ukraine Scheme?
- If I came to the UK on the Ukraine Family Scheme am I allowed to change to the Homes for Ukraine Scheme?
- Are those accommodating people via the Family Scheme eligible for the £350 thank you payment?
- If I am on the Ukraine Family Scheme where can I find support?
- Can I get housing and/or homelessness assistance?
- How do I apply for social (‘council’) housing?
- Can I get help to access a private rented property?
- Can I get help with my income and paying my rent?
- How do I get a National Insurance number?
Anyone fleeing Ukraine and provided a visa is entitled to apply for benefits such as universal credit, state pension credit and housing benefit from the date they arrive. Your local Job Centre Plus will be able to help you find out which benefits you may be able to access or call 0800 328 5644 for help with universal credit.