Ukraine Family Scheme – FAQs
The Ukraine Family Scheme allows people who are fleeing Ukraine to join their family members who are British nationals, UK-settled people and in certain other situations. You can read full criteria on eligibility to the Ukraine Family Scheme on the Government website. It is free to apply.
- What is the Ukraine Family Scheme?
- What is the difference between the Ukraine Family Scheme and the Homes for Ukraine Scheme?
- If I came to the UK on the Ukraine Family Scheme am I allowed to change to the Homes for Ukraine Scheme?
- Are those accommodating people via the Family Scheme eligible for the £350 thank you payment?
- If I am on the Ukraine Family Scheme where can I find support?
- Can I get housing and/or homelessness assistance?
- How do I apply for social (‘council’) housing?
- Can I get help to access a private rented property?
- Can I get help with my income and paying my rent?
- How do I get a National Insurance number?
If you would like to apply for social rented housing in Gloucestershire, please register with Home Seeker Plus by completing an online application at: www.homeseekerplus.co.uk
Properties can be advertised on a daily basis. To make sure that you are able to apply for properties, you should register as soon as possible to allow time for your application to be checked and made active.