Ukraine Family Scheme – FAQs
The Ukraine Family Scheme allows people who are fleeing Ukraine to join their family members who are British nationals, UK-settled people and in certain other situations. You can read full criteria on eligibility to the Ukraine Family Scheme on the Government website. It is free to apply.
- What is the Ukraine Family Scheme?
- What is the difference between the Ukraine Family Scheme and the Homes for Ukraine Scheme?
- If I came to the UK on the Ukraine Family Scheme am I allowed to change to the Homes for Ukraine Scheme?
- Are those accommodating people via the Family Scheme eligible for the £350 thank you payment?
- If I am on the Ukraine Family Scheme where can I find support?
- Can I get housing and/or homelessness assistance?
- How do I apply for social (‘council’) housing?
- Can I get help to access a private rented property?
- Can I get help with my income and paying my rent?
- How do I get a National Insurance number?
A National Insurance (NI) number is used to make sure your National Insurance contributions and tax are recorded against your name only. This is a code with letters and numbers and never changes.
If you do not have a National Insurance number, you can find information on how to get one at: www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number