Welcome to Gloucestershire - useful information
Download the Gloucestershire Ukraine Guest Welcome Pack or read through the information tabs below.
- In an emergency
- Introduction and welcome
- When you first arrive - suggested checklist
- What to expect when you first arrive
- Welcome visits
- Registering with a doctor (GP) and Mental Health assistance
- Extra support if you or your children are vulnerable
- Extra help from the county council - bus passes
- Immigration and Biometric Residence Permits
- Finances, employment and benefits
- Opening a bank account, benefits and minimum wage
- Education and childcare - Finding a place at school
- Learning English, post 16 and post 19 Education and Training
- Getting around Gloucestershire
- Driving licenses, bringing your car and moving to the UK
- My sponsor wants us to leave, or I want help finding somewhere else to live
- Help with housing and renting
- Help with other issues
- Why do we collect information about you?
- Job Centre events
- Information and Contact details (at a glance)
- Корисна інформація та контакти
All children under the age of 18 must be enrolled in school. Your Sponsor should help you to apply for a school for your children.
Gloucestershire County Council has an online tool for helping you find your nearest school. While every effort will be made to place your child at the nearest school, in some instances this might not be possible.
- Use the school finder. If the only school place available is too far from your home, the council will pay for or provide transport for your children to get them to the school where a space is available.
- Information about applying for a school place. You will need to complete the form and apply to the school directly.
- Your child may also be entitled to free school meals. More information about school meals and transport to schools.
- Contact details for Gloucestershire County Council School admissions email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- If you need help buying school uniform, please talk to your school, the uniform grant is now controlled by the individual schools.
More in-depth info on education can be found in the government welcome pack.
Finding childcare, antenatal care and parent support groups
All children in Gloucestershire who are aged between 3 and 4 years are entitled to free childcare hours at registered childcare providers. Some 2-year-olds are also entitled to free childcare depending on your financial situation.
You can find out more information by contacting the Gloucestershire Family Information Service on 01452 427362 / firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.glosfamiliesdirectory.org.uk.
The Glos Families directory “Information for Families” section is a really useful resource for both parents and young people, there are lots of links to helpful services and organisations.
For ante-natal and post-natal support and access to children’s health visitors, family centred community groups and children’s playgroups, contact the Gloucestershire Health Visitor Team or call one of their district centres.
- Gloucester – 01452 895235
- Cheltenham: 0300 421 6486
- Cotswolds: 0300 421 6952
- Tewkesbury: 0300 421 6166
- Stroud: 0300 421 8967
- Forest of Dean: 0300 421 8746