The Government has launched a website to provide individuals and businesses with advice and guidance in relation to planning for Brexit. 
For more information visit:

Health and Safety

Buildings or services managed by Gloucestershire County Council

If you are concerned about the health and safety for any building or service managed by the County Council, please talk to the manager or head teacher of that building.


Gloucestershire County Council is responsible for regulating spectator safety at designated sports grounds and regulated stands:

  • Cheltenham Town Football Club
  • Gloucester Rugby Football Club
  • Five Valleys Stadium, Forest Green Rovers Football Club
  • Cheltenham Racecourse, Prestbury Park
  • If you have any concerns about safety at sports grounds in Gloucestershire, then please contact the manager of that sports ground in the first instance.


Responsibilities for health and safety are split between the District Councils and the Health and Safety Executive. Both give advice and support to commercial organisations and members of the public.

  • District Council senforce health and safety in the following premises within their district:
  • Shops and retailing, including market stalls, coin operated laundrettes and mobile vendors
  • Most offices
  • Some wholesale and retail warehouses
  • Hotels and other residential catering accommodation, including guest houses, residential care homes, hostels, caravan and camping sites
  • Catering including restaurants, pubs, cafes and wine bars
  • Leisure and entertainment; including night clubs, social clubs, circuses, sports facilities, health clubs, gyms, riding schools, racecourses, pleasure boat hire, motor racing circuits, and museums, theatres and art galleries
  • Places of worship and undertakers
  • Animal care, including zoos, livery stables and kennels
  • Beauty and non-medical therapeutic services; including massage, saunas, solariums, tattooing, skin and body piercing and hairdressing.

If you have a concern about any other type of premises you should contact the Health and safety executive.



Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.