We believe that looking after you is crucial for you to look after children, young people and families in Gloucestershire. That’s why we have recently revised our offer to make sure we are giving you the best offer around.
If you join us at Gloucestershire County Council, you can expect:
- A Competitive Salary All Children’s Social work posts are graded with the intention of being highly competitive. On arriving into Gloucestershire’s Children’s Service, you will be placed on our rewarding pay structure from day one.
- Welcome Payment We want to make your initial introduction to Gloucestershire County Council just as rewarding as the rest of your career with us . That’s why we offer a welcome payment of up to £5,000 to those eligible.
- Relocation Payment If you are taking the leap to move to Gloucestershire to become part of our improvement journey, we want to help make it as easy and stress-free as possible. As a result, we are happy to be able to offer those eligible up to £8,000 to use towards costs of setting up your life in Gloucestershire.
- Retention Payment The rewards don’t stop once you start. We want to promote a stable workforce and believe that your ongoing commitment to the Children and Families in Gloucestershire should also be rewarded. Stick with us, and once eligible we will pay you a further £2,000p.a. as a thank you.
- Career Development Programme Its just as important that you develop and grow with us as we move through our improvement journey. All employees in Children’s Services are afforded regular supervisions as well as an impressive Continuous Professional Development programme – helping you make the most of your Social Care career.
- The correct tools for the job We are committed to social work, not paperwork. This means providing the best mobile IT equipment and infrastructure to make your working life easier. With smartphones to keep you connected and Wi-Fi in all locality offices, you can work at any council building in Gloucestershire if you need to.
- Local Government Pension Working with Gloucestershire County Council gives you access to one of the largest schemes in the public sector. It is a highly coveted scheme that offers you a pension based on your career average earnings. Depending on your pensionable pay you will be able to contribute between 5.5% and 12.5% and GCC will pay the balance of the cost after the investment return.
- Positive Work/Life Balance At Gloucestershire County Council we are working hard to ensure our employees aren’t “All work, no play”. We offer an initial holiday allowance of 24.5 days (plus the 8 statutory Bank Holidays), which will rise to 29.5 days after five years’ continuous service with us. You also have the opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days through our Purchase of Additional Leave Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme As our most valuable assets, it’s important that we help you look after you. Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a free, confidential advice and counselling service – accessible 24/7 for matters inside or outside of work.
- Flexible working - most employees at Gloucestershire County Council have the benefit of our flexible working policy, including; Flexi-Time, Job Share, Part-Time or Compressed Hours (where organisational requirements allow).
Sound good? Take a look at our vacancies and find the career that’s just right for you.