Part 4 - Rules of procedure
Below are the rules of procedure.
- 1 - Annual meeting of the County Council
- 2 - Ordinary meetings
- 3 - Extraordinary meetings
- 4 - Location and times of Full Council meetings
- 5 - Notice and summons to meetings
- 6 - Chair of meeting
- 7 - Quorum
- 8 - Questions from the public
- 9 - Questions by Members
- 10 - Notices of motion
- 11 - Motions without notice
- 12 - Rules of debate
- 13 - Previous decisions and motions
- 14 - Voting
- 15 - Minutes
- 16 - Record of attendance
- 17 - Exclusion of the public
- 18 - Members conduct
- 19 - Members interests in contracts and other matters
- 20 - Disturbance by the public
- 21 - Photography and audio recordings of meetings
- 22 - Electronic communication
- 23 - Suspension and amendment of procedural standing orders
- 24 - Authority of the Chair
- 25 - Group Leaders and Lead Members
- 26 - Application of procedural standing orders to other council bodies
- 27 - Election of Chair and Vice-Chair of committees
- 28 - Appointment of substitute members of committee
7.1 No business shall be transacted at a meeting of the full Council unless at least one-quarter of the whole number of Members of the Council is present.
7.2 The quorum for meetings of the full Council is 14 County Councillors.
7.3 During any meeting of the full Council, the Chair may count the number of Members present and if that number has fallen below the required quorum, the Chair shall declare that there is not a quorum present and the meeting will be adjourned.
7.4 If the meeting is adjourned, any business that has not been dealt with will be deferred to the next meeting of the full Council.
7.5 Where this Procedural Standing Order applies to a committee, it will be subject to a requirement that there must be at least three voting Members in attendance.