What help can you get from Gloucestershire Carers Hub as a parent carer?
Gloucestershire Carers Hub pride ourselves on providing a person centred approach to any carer, and this includes parent carers, who registers or is referred to us.
Our experienced and friendly local team are here for you to ensure you have the support, information and time to think about you.
If you register with the Carers Hub you will have access to free information, guidance, support, to empower you in your caring role. This could help you to meet other carers and to interact with others in a safe space.
The Carers Hub is an easily accessed service where you can gain support, feel valued and offload your worries or concerns.
What is a carers assessment?
It is a conversation (assessment) and an opportunity for you to talk about you and your caring role. It also focuses on your wellbeing.
- Talking about the routine caring tasks you carry out such as personal care, washing, dressing, feeding etc.
- The impact of your caring role including the impact on your emotional and physical health and wellbeing, finances, family relationships, leisure opportunities and education/training.
- Your family circumstances such as partnership arrangements between parent carers, any additional caring responsibilities you have for wider family, and any contributions from other family members or friends to support with caring tasks.
- Listening to your views and acknowledging the difficulties you face. We aim to support your needs which may involve signposting or referring to relevant agencies.
- You can then discuss a plan of action together with your key worker and they can provide advice, information and support and will offer a review at six and twelve weeks.
What help can I get from Gloucestershire Carers Hub?
- Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), from our supportive Triage team
- Wellbeing support
- Signposting to other services
- Contingency Planning Support
- Benefits and financial advice
- Full carers assessments, support planning and reviews
- Access to groups
- Training, social gatherings and activities
- Access to the Carer Aware Discount Scheme
- Professional counselling service
- Buddy Up
- Employment support
We offer a safe space to talk about you and your caring role, we will work with you to identify how we can support you.
To find out more, call the Triage Team on 0300 111 9000, we are open Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9am-5pm, Tuesday & Thursday 8am-8pm. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sessions to note in early 2023
Gloucestershire Carers Hub support Parent Carers of children with additional needs and also Parent Carers of children and young people who have emotional or mental health difficulties. This can be with or without diagnosis.
Below are some sessions which may be of interest to you as a Carer:
How to look after yourself or others during the menopause or peri-menopause Q& A session
📅 17 January 2023
⌚ 7.00 – 8.00pm
Hormonal Help and Advice for Women through Adulthood
📅 8 February 2023
⌚ 7.30 – 8.30pm
Rethink – Supporting a young person with anxiety
📅 31 January / 22 February 2023
⌚ 7.00 – 8.00pm / 2.00 - 3.00pm
To book or to find out more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.