Skip to main content
Phone lines

Due to the current COVID‑19 situation, there will be a reduced team working available to answer phone calls. Please try and email us with any queries and we will reply as soon as possible. Staff will be available to support you during this process but please bear with us during these difficult times.

Please email the team who will be able to respond to your query as soon as possible

Applying for a school place during the school year

If you move to the area during the school year or your child needs to move school for other reasons, you will need to apply for a school place by contacting the school directly using the forms below.

Please note: An application is not an in-year application if your child is due to:

  • Start school in reception for the first time in September 2020
  • Transfer from year 2 to a dedicated junior school in 2020
  • Start year 7 in a secondary school for the first time in September 2020

In these circumstances please refer back to the School Admissions page and follow the instructions to apply for a school place.

How to apply for an in-year admission

You will need to complete an In-year application form for each child. Alternatively you can complete a PDF version of the In-year application form. This can then be posted or taken into the school you have chosen.

Alternatively, you can complete and send the form directly to the school by email.

Each school you apply to will let you know if they can offer your child a place and will arrange a start date with you.

For a more detailed explanation please refer to our In-Year School Admissions Guidance booklet.

Guidance for schools

More information and help

If your preferred school does not have any places, we can advise you on how to appeal and how to apply for other schools in the area.

For more information contact us:

Email: inyear.admissions@gloucestershire.gov.uk

Phone: 01452 426015

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.