Introducing the Compliance and Quality Assurance Team (CQAT)
As you may be aware we have now established a new Compliance and Quality Assurance Team (CQAT) to focus on this critical area of work. The CQAT work will be jointly led by Adrian Wells and Sarita Walker
The CQAT will lead on developing, implementing and monitoring a high quality compliance process for all existing and new Providers. It will develop a range of tools to allow Commissioners and Social Workers to quickly identify the assessed position of every provider on compliance, inspection (where appropriate) and quality assurance and collate that into a single RAG rating.
The CQAT will also work with other members of the Commissioning Hub to gather in-depth, real time intelligence about the quality of commissioned services to inform assurance activity and judgements with a focus on information from and about individual service users.
The Hub will do this by:
- Supporting the development of service specifications which include appropriate quality outcome measures for each commissioned service;
- Actively collecting and monitoring feedback, information and data on commissioned services to understand the quality of provision they deliver and any risks they may pose;
- Visiting providers of commissioned services to check on the quality of services provided, focusing on the quality of experience for service users;
- Supporting providers to improve the quality of their provision, particularly when issues are identified;
- Taking action when the standards of quality as outlined in service specifications are not met;
- Working alongside partners in Gloucestershire County Council (GCC), other relevant organisations such as the CCG and other LAs on the above tasks where appropriate;
- Running a Peer Reviewer programme in conjunction with the CiC to support those with a lived experience of care and support to comment on the quality of care and support provision;
- Developing a quality dashboard to enable quick assimilation of provider quality available to commissioners and key professionals.
- We interface with contract management as part of the compliance and quality assurance process
To request assistance with compliance matter please email: CQAT@gloucestershire.gov.uk .
It is important that this process is followed to ensure work is coordinated and allocated efficiently, so please do not send work directly to team members as it will be rejected.
Adrian Wells Interim Senior Commissioning Manager - Joint Lead for CQAT
Sarita Walker Outcome Manager - Joint Lead for CQAT
Maddie Tompkins Commissioning Officer- CQAT
Tara Mackey Commissioning Officer- CQAT
Heather Ellis Commissioning Support Officer -CQAT
James Nwaogwugwu –Head of Youth, Young People and Quality Assurance Commissioning