Funding (Independent/voluntary and partner organisations)
Discover the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS)
Previously The National Minimum Data Set for Social care (NMDS-SC)
What is it?
"The ASC-WDS supports the development of a capable, committed and confident workforce to meet current and future needs" Skills for Care 2012
It aims to provide reliable and detailed information about the state of the social care workforce in order to help make informed service and workforce plans. It provides a national, regional and local picture of the social care workforce. Information gathered on services and the workforce is important for national and local planning by providers and commissioners, and ASC-WDS completion is being encouraged by the Government via Skills for Care. See the Skills for Care ASC-WDS website.
Why should I complete it?
- Access workforce reports on your organisation to help you plan your workforce needs (e.g. recruitment & retention plans, T&D needs)
- Benchmark your workforce information with others
- Meet Skills for Care requirements to access national workforce development monies for staff training and qualifications
- Access free national e-learning on End of Life Care
- Helps you make informed workforce development decisions
- Helps policymakers and commissioners at local and national levels to make informed decisions about needs
- Local Authority commissioners are being tasked to ensure the best use of the ASC-WDS and to consider making ASC-WDS completion a contractual requirement for providers
How do I complete it?
It's simple. Just visit asc-wds.skillsforcare.org.uk to register.
If you need further help you can:
- phone the Skills for Care national ASC-WDS helpdesk on 0845 873 0129; or
- contact GSPA who provides local ASC-WDS support for members - please contact Justine Bennett by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat