Improving our roads
Our ambition is to have well maintained local roads which serve all of Gloucestershire’s road users, create a more resilient network, allow reliable journeys and which help boost local businesses. Making the improvements that make a real difference to residents.
What we'll work on
Providing additional funding each year we will work with partners to invest in:
- resurfacing and surface treatments to increase the reliability in the network across the county, with the goal of renewing at least another 500 miles of network over the next 4 years
- targeted programmes of small-scale patching to address localised problems
- a programme of footway and cycleway maintenance
- a wide programme of highway maintenance including of drainage, road markings, bridges, traffic signals, verges and more
- supporting the economic recovery
Alongside all of this, there will be a focus on making customer contact simple, responsive and informative, using appropriate technology, with enough resource.