Levelling up our communities
Our ambition is to work with communities across the county to: reduce inequalities, regenerate high streets, market towns and neighbourhoods; improve infrastructure, jobs, skills and education provision; and help residents to achieve their ambitions for the places they live.
- Work with local partners to attract national Levelling Up Funding to regenerate our high streets, market towns and neighbourhoods;
- Listen to local communities about what they want to achieve and how;
- Work alongside neighbourhoods to develop plans that build on their strengths, as well as attracting local and national investment to help deliver them;
- Supporting local residents to develop new skills, careers and job opportunities;
- Link local people to jobs by providing sustainable transport solutions and reducing barriers to employment;
- Shape local community services to make sure they can adapt to the needs and aspirations of local residents;
- Working with local schools and academies to improve the quality of local education provision.