Help for pregnant teenagers
Do you think you might be pregnant?
Finding out you are pregnant when you are a teenager can be very daunting, particularly if the pregnancy wasn't planned. You may experience a lot of different emotions, thoughts and anxieties. Mixed emotions are common for women of any age and there is plenty of support available to help you. You can get totally confidential advice and a free pregnancy test through the following:
- Contraception and sexual health servicesOpens new window or phone 08454 22 6201.
- Teenage pregnancy midwife service - 0791 708 5157 or 0788 426 0352.
- Your own GP surgery.
- Gloucestershire Health Access Centre (GHAC)Opens new window, Eastgate House, 121-131 Eastgate St. Gloucester GL1 1PX.
- Your school or college nurse.
- Some pharmacies new window
Do you know a teenager who is, or might be pregnant?
It is difficult for a parent, guardian or carer to know what to do in this situation. Concern that you son or daughter may be facing parenthood whilst still a teenager could lead to you experiencing a wide range of emotions from shock, anger and disappointment to concern and worry about their future.
The most important thing to do is stay calm. Right now your teen needs you more than ever and being able to talk to each other, even when emotions are running high is really important. You can get help locally on how you approach the situation and other advice:
- Talk to Sexual Health in GloucestershireOpens new window, 0300 421 6532