Gloucestershire Covid-19 Emergency Living Fund
The fund provides practical support to eligible adults and families for food, gas/electricity top ups and household items such as furniture including white goods/appliances and furniture.
You need to meet the criteria and provide proof of your eligibility to receive the support.
On this page:
- Covid-19 Emergency Living Fund – for applications on behalf of yourself, relative or friend or support agency applying on behalf of a client
- COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund for Food and Essential Supplies – for individuals, working age adults, older people and their families to apply on their own behalf. Also for professionals applying on behalf of a vulnerable child or young person or adult
- Criteria and background information
You can apply via the online portal. Through applying online, applicants will get a much quicker response rate. The portal will work both on a mobile and a tablet. This ensures customers without access to a computer will be able to apply and benefit from the service.
The new portal contains guidance to support you through the completion of each step. You will also be able to check the status of your application online.
Whether you are an individual or an advisor you will need a valid email address to register to use this service. You can register by creating an online login. Once you have entered your details you will receive a link to verify your email address, this enables you to check and print the information you have submitted and to check back for status updates at any time.
If you are an individual making an application for yourself or a friend/relative please select the option ‘Create Individual Account’.
If an agency is supporting you e.g. P3, Citizens Advice Bureau, Cheltenham Community Projects, a housing provider etc. You can ask them to help you to make an application and/or gather your evidence for proof of eligibility.
If you work for a support agency and want to submit multiple applications on behalf of your clients please select the option ‘Create Agent Account’ this will store your agency details and means you do not need to re-enter these for each application you submit.
For help, call 0330 123 5550 (during office hours).
Applying for yourself or on behalf of vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and their families?
The purpose of the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund for Food and Essential Supplies is to support vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and their families during the challenging and unprecedented times of the Coronavirus outbreak. Individuals or Families can self refer or be referred by any professional working with them.
The Emergency Assistance Grant for Food and Essential Supplies panel will provide management oversight and access of and to financial assistance for vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and families. The panel will provide a consistent and effective response to escalating need and ensure that effective interventions are available to meet the needs of applicants. The panel will assess need against the eligibility criteria and cross reference other funding streams that may be available to the vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and families.
Role of the Panel
- The overall aim of the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund panel is to ensure that identified vulnerable children, young people, working age adults, older people and families have access to emergency funding in order to meet their basic needs of living in the most effective and efficient manner.
- The panel will work with an agreed process map that ensures all applicants meet eligibility
- The panel will pass onto Auriga paperwork to ensure payments are not delayed in reaching the individual or family
- The panel will monitor spend and feed this back to senior management and finance on an agreed spreadsheet.
- The panel will put control measures in place to ensure that spend is authorised appropriately and links to the need outlined on the application form
- The panel will oversee the application to ensure the funding is being received for the correct funding stream and also add value from other funding streams known to the panel. If you’re a professional (such as a Social Worker, Family Support Worker, Health Visitor or Teacher) working with a vulnerable child, young person, and/or their family, you can apply for support on their behalf through the Children’s Fund.
Please note, you can edit the PDF online and email completed forms to email@example.com with the subject line ‘COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund’.
Auriga Services Ltd administers the delivery of the Gloucestershire Welfare Support Scheme and Covid-19 Emergency Living Fund.
In April 2020 Gloucestershire County Council approved plans to extend the existing Welfare Support Scheme for a time limited period to provide support to people and families in hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
This is a time-limited extension to the scheme and Gloucestershire County Council will review and adjust the scheme as required depending on how the situation evolves.
The eligibility criteria and support available are as follows:
Be resident in Gloucestershire,
Be 16 years old or over, and
Be in one of the following priority groups:
Receive or awaiting means tested benefits or be on low income:
Support agencies have told us they are pleased with the scheme to date as it is straight forward to access and provides appropriate support to the right people quickly.
Rent deposit requests: Requests can be made by supporting agencies on behalf of people assisted to move into independent accommodation either: as part of a planned move on from Council commissioned Accommodation Based Support services or assisted to move into independent accommodation as part of a planned move via the Atlas Personalisation Service. Agencies should submit the completed referral form via email to office@gloucWRO.co.uk. We are currently developing an online portal for this process.
This contract does not fund Auriga Services to deliver the same level of administrative service as under the previous contract. In particular, they will not be able to do as much chasing of partial applications. The onus will be on agencies to support applicants to submit their application and all evidence to obtain an award.