One Day Dementia Training
The one day dementia training course is open to all health, social care and wider public services staff in Gloucestershire, including those in the voluntary and independent sector, and people who are caring for a person with dementia.
Course Dates for 2023:
Virtual sessions on Microsoft Teams
One Day Dementia training, delivered in two morning workshops using Microsoft Teams: 9:30am – 1.00pm, participants are required to attend both sessions:
- 2nd & 9th February 2023
- 8th & 15th March 2023
- 5th & 12th April 2023
- 13th & 20th June 2023
Face to face training - One day training 9:30-16:30pm
- 14th February 2023 - The Pavilion (Dowty Room), Hatherley Ln, Cheltenham GL51 6PN
- 22nd March 2023 - The Farmers Club, Agriculture House, Greville Cl, Sandhurst Rd, Glos, GL2 9RG
- 9th May 2023 - The Pavilion (Dowty Room), Hatherley Ln, Cheltenham GL51 6PN
Participants will examine dementia and the changing brain; consider different types of dementia and symptoms; gain an understanding of the principles of person-centred care and how to approach and communicate with people living with dementia.
- Describe dementia and the changing brain
- Consider the different symptoms.
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction.
- Support individuals with communication and interaction difficulties.
- Understand the principles of person centred care
Preparation for the course
Whilst we are running the virtual training it is a good idea to have a practice session on Microsoft Teams prior to the course to make sure you can access without a glitch on the morning of the course. Please check with the team.
It is advisable that you complete the e-learning course before attending the One Day Dementia Training Programme. Free to access for anyone living or working in Gloucestershire. Please contact email@example.com. to request registration.
- There are a selection of courses available to people who are caring for a family member with dementia. If you would like some assistance in choosing the course that is right for your needs, please do contact us
- Please try to attend a course in your correct locality
- Course spaces are limited and fill up quickly, early booking is recommended
** New training session - Learning Disabilities and Dementia Multi Agency 4th April 2023 - 9:15 am -12:30 pm
Awareness of :
What is and what isn’t dementia
The assessment pathway for people with learning disabilities and dementia in Gloucestershire
How dementia progresses and how behaviour changes
Providing environmental support
Supporting end of life
Booking onto a course
If you require any further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR, Gloucestershire County Council, Shire Hall, Block 5, 4th Floor, Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2TG