One Day Dementia Training
The one day dementia training course is open to all health, social care and wider public services staff in Gloucestershire, including those in the voluntary and independent sector, and people who are caring for a person with dementia.
Course Dates for 2021:
In response to Covid-19 the team have created an online/virtual training session for the One Day Dementia training, delivered in two morning workshops using Microsoft Teams: 9:30am – 1.00pm, participants are required to attend both sessions:
- 16th & 23rd November
- 30th November & 7th December
- 10th & 17th January 2022
- 26th January & 2nd February 2022
- 14th & 21st February 2022
- 2nd & 9th March 2022
- 16th & 30th March 2022
Participants will examine dementia and the changing brain; consider different types of dementia and symptoms; gain an understanding of the principles of person-centred care and how to approach and communicate with people living with dementia.
- Describe dementia and the changing brain
- Consider the different symptoms.
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction.
- Support individuals with communication and interaction difficulties.
- Understand the principles of person centred care
Preparation for the course
Whilst we are running the virtual training it is a good idea to have a practice session on Microsoft Teams prior to the course to make sure you can access without a glitch on the morning of the course. Please check with the team.
It is advisable that you complete the e-learning course before attending the One Day Dementia Training Programme. Free to access for anyone living or working in Gloucestershire. Please contact email@example.com. to request registration.
- There are a selection of courses available to people who are caring for a family member with dementia. If you would like some assistance in choosing the course that is right for your needs, please do contact us
- Please try to attend a course in your correct locality
- Course spaces are limited and fill up quickly, early booking is recommended
If you require any further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR, Gloucestershire County Council, Shire Hall, Block 5, 4th Floor, Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2TG