One Day Dementia Training
Our one day dementia training is open to all health, social care and wider public services staff in Gloucestershire, including those in the voluntary and independent sector, and people who are caring for a person with dementia.
Course Dates for 2020:
In response to Covid-19 the team have created an online/virtual training session for the One Day Dementia training, delivered in two morning workshops using Microsoft Teams: 9:30am – 1.00pm, participants are required to attend both sessions:
- 29th September & 6th October
- 20th & 27th October
- 3rd & 10th November
- 16th & 22nd December
From September we are also pleased to announce the return of face-to-face multi-agency training. One Day Dementia Training will take place from 09:30 - 16:30 on the following days:
- 22nd September 2020 - The Farmers Club, Sandhurst, Gloucester. GL2 9RG
- 1st October 2020 - The Old School, Highnam Community Centre, Gloucester, GL2 8DG
- 13th October 2020 - The Pavillion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham GL51 6PN
- 24th November 2020 - The Farmers Club, Sandhurst, Gloucester. GL2 9RG
- 8th December 2020 - Dunrossil Room, Gloucestershire Archives, Clarence Row, Gloucester GL1 3DW
Participants will examine dementia and the changing brain; consider different types of dementia and symptoms; gain an understanding of the principles of person-centred care and how to approach and communicate with people living with dementia.
- Describe dementia and the changing brain
- Consider the different symptoms.
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction.
- Support individuals with communication and interaction difficulties.
- Understand the principles of person centred care
Preparation for the course
It is advisable that you complete the e-learning course before attending the One Day Dementia Training Programme. Free to access for anyone living or working in Gloucestershire. Please contact email@example.com. to request registration.
- There are a selection of courses available to people who are caring for a family member with dementia. If you would like some assistance in choosing the course that is right for your needs, please do contact us
- Please try to attend a course in your correct locality
- Course spaces are limited and fill up quickly, early booking is recommended
If you require any further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR, Gloucestershire County Council, Shire Hall, Block 5, 4th Floor, Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2TG