One Day Dementia Training
Our dementia training programme is open to all health, social care and wider public services staff in Gloucestershire, including those in the voluntary and independent sector, and people who are caring for a person with dementia.
Participants will examine dementia and the changing brain; consider different types of dementia and symptoms; gain an understanding of the principles of person-centred care and how to approach and communicate with people living with dementia.
- Describe dementia and the changing brain
- Consider the different symptoms.
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction.
- Support individuals with communication and interaction difficulties.
- Understand the principles of person centred care
Preparation for the course
It is advisable that you complete the e-learning course before attending the One Day Dementia Training Programme. Free to access for anyone living or working in Gloucestershire.
For further information on Dementia Training please call 01452 324306 or email email@example.com
Course Dates for 2019:
All One Day Dementia Training will take place from 09:30 - 16:30
6th August 2019 - The Farmers Club, Sandhurst, Gloucester. GL2 9RG
5th September 2019 - The Farmers Club, Sandhurst, Gloucester. GL2 9RG
19th September 2019 - Whitefield Room, The Pavillion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 6PN
17th October 2019 - Highnam Community Centre, Newent Rd, Highnam, Gloucester, GL2 8DG (Forest Venue)
12th November 2019 - The Farmers Club, Sandhurst, Gloucester. GL2 9RG
28th November 2019 - Museum in the Park, Stratford Park, Stroud, GL5 4AF
3rd December 2019 - Resource Room, Colwell Arts Centre, Gloucester. GL1 4AD
10th December 2019 - Whitefield Room, The Pavillion, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 6PN
- There are a selection of courses available to people who are caring for a family member with dementia. If you would like some assistance in choosing the course that is right for your needs, please do contact us
- Please try to attend a course in your correct locality
- Course spaces are limited and fill up quickly, early booking is recommended
If you require any further information, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact
Gloucestershire County Council
Shire Hall, Block 5, 4th Floor, Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2TG