We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we'll assume that you are happy to accept cookies.

Skip to main content

Comment on a planning application

Have your say

You can view and comment on planning applications in the following ways:

  • Online using

Public Access

         If you experience technical issues when submitting comments via Public Access, please email your comments direct to; planningdc@gloucestershire.gov.uk

  • At our offices at Shire Hall, Gloucester.
  • Your parish or town council.

We only deal with applications relating to mineral and waste operations and to our own developments, such as schools, fire stations and libraries. To comment on any other type of application you will need to do it via your local district, borough or city council.

Important Note: Public Access should be accessed using Internet Explorer version 9 or above. Other web browsers and earlier versions of Internet Explorer may not display all the information properly.

Where possible, you should include the planning application number that you are commenting on and the name of the applicant. You will find these on the planning notices which are published online and at the site.

Remember that any comments you make about the application will be a public document, which can be read by anyone. You should ensure that anything you write does not leave you open to legal challenge.

When we receive your comments, the case officer will consider them if it is a recognised planning consideration. For example, where a development would have an adverse effect on the amenity of your property or the area, or if it would obstruct a public (not private) view of a certain landscape or feature.

Local opposition or support for a proposal is not in itself a ground for refusing or granting permission, unless it is based on valid planning reasons. It is the quality, substance, relevance and significance of your comments in planning terms, which will carry weight, rather than the number of letters received on a subject.

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.