Skip to content

Search and track planning applications

Most planning matters are handled by the local councils (city, borough or district). 
County councils are the planning authority for waste and minerals matters and their own development (known as Regulation 3).

District planning

If you need to check on planning applications for anything other than waste and minerals matters or our own developments (e.g., new schools) you will need to go to the local council involved:

County planning

Use our Public Access system to view planning applications for Minerals, Waste or Regulation 3 developments, submit comments or monitor the progress of an application. You can also:


Public Access is not a complete database and only includes records held on computer by Gloucestershire County Council. You can only download or print material for consultation purposes and you must not alter the content of this information. Plans, drawings and maps are protected by copyright. If you suspect any information to be incorrect, email


Planning Aif logo

Planning Aid England (PAE) provides free, independent, professional planning advice and support to help individuals and communities engage with the planning system.  This includes online guidance and a limited amount of free email advice which can be accessed via an online enquiry form.  In some circumstances PAE may be able to offer additional bespoke support.  To find out more visit There is also free advice available at:

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.