Pharmaceutical needs assessment
Providers of local community pharmaceutical services have a crucial role to play in improving the health of local people. They are often the first point of contact, especially for those who might otherwise struggle to access health services. Improved use of the skills and abilities of community pharmacists, in particular, working in partnership with other service providers, will play an important part in achieving the strategic goals of the NHS.
Why are we publishing a PNA?
From 1st April 2013, every Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) in England has a statutory responsibility to publish and keep up to date a statement of the needs for community pharmaceutical services of the population in its area, referred to as a pharmaceutical needs assessment (PNA). The PNA is an important commissioning tool for identifying what is needed at local level to support the commissioning intentions for community pharmaceutical services and other services that could be delivered by community pharmacies and other providers. The PNA considers the demographics of the Gloucestershire population, the health priorities of the county and identifies how community pharmacies can contribute, now and in the future, to improving healthcare for Gloucestershire's population.
Gloucestershire Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment
- Gloucestershire Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment - December 2014
- PNA Supplementary Statement - March 2016
- Updated community pharmacy opening hours - Cheltenham & Tewkesbury Actual opening hours
- Updated community pharmacy opening hours - Cotswold & Stroud Actual opening hours
- Updated community pharmacy opening hours - Gloucester & Forest of Dean Actual opening hours
- Appendix A - PHE 2014 LA health profiles
- Appendix B - Pharmacy opening hours
- Appendix C - Health Living Pharmacy Guidance
- Appendix D - Pharmacy key to maps with postcodes
- Appendix E - Dispensing GP Practice key to maps with postcodes
- Appendix F - GP Dispensing Practices - questionnaire results
- Appendix G - Pharmacy - questionnaire results
- Appendix H - PNA due regard statement
- Appendix I - Map of pharmaceutical services in Gloucestershire
- Appendix J - Consultation response from Gloucestershire Local Pharmaceutical Committee
- Appendix K - List of stakeholders that responded to the consultation on the Draft PNA
Maps can be downloaded from the box below.
Pharmacies in Gloucestershire Pharmacies in Cheltenham Pharmacies in Cotswold District Pharmacies in Forest of Dean Pharmacies in Gloucester Pharmacies in Stroud >Pharmacies in Tewkesbury Healthy Living Pharmacies Walking times to Community Pharmacies 20 minute drive times to Community Pharmacies 100hr Pharmacies Acorn Customer Segmentation and Pharmacies Gloucestershire Population Density 2011 Access to Emergency Medicines Chlamydia Screening Disposal of Used Sharps Emergency Hormonal Contraception Needle Exchange Out of Hours and Call out Reduction of wasted medication not dispensed Stop Smoking Supervised Consumption Urgent Repeat Medicines