Schools Sixth Form Admissions
This booklet provides information about schools in Gloucestershire with sixth form provision and their entry requirements.
The booklet does not address the admissions arrangements for colleges or work based learning providers. For information about other options available after Year 11, please see page 56.
If you are in year 11 or below, you will need to remain in education, training or employment with training until at least your 18th birthday.
Staying in full time education after year 11 is the right choice for many people, however, you do not need to stay at the same school, and A-Levels are not the only option. Schools and colleges also offer BTEC and NVQ courses.
There are a number of ways to train or study:
- Studying full time in school or college, or with a training provider
- Working or volunteering full time, while continuing with part-time education or training
- Taking up an Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
If you decide to stay in education we recommend that you:
- attend the open evenings at the schools or colleges you are considering
- read the prospectus from the schools or colleges you are considering
- think carefully about the subjects you want to study
For admission to a school’s sixth form –we recommend that you read their information in this booklet to help you understand how your application for a place will be treated (admission to a college is not regulated in the same way).