Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
Triple P suggests simple routines and small changes that can make a big difference to your family. It helps you understand the way your family works and uses the things you already say, think, feel and do in new ways to:
- Create a stable, supportive and harmonious family
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Deal positively, consistently and decisively with problem behaviour
- Build positive relationships with your children
- Plan ahead to avoid or manage potentially difficult situations
- Deal with teenagers emotional behaviour
- Take care of yourself as a parent
While Triple P is almost always successful in improving child behaviour problems, more than half its emphasis is on developing positive attitudes, skills and behaviour. This helps prevent problems arising and develops family relationships that encourage children to realise their full potential. Triple P has been developed and scientifically proven over 30 years.
Triple P Discussion Groups
Two-hour small group sessions, targeting a specific problem behaviour or issue. Each discussion group can be taken as a stand-alone session or as part of a series.
- There are four topics for parents of children 0 –12 years old (Dealing with disobedience; Managing fighting and aggression; Developing good bedtime routines; and Hassle-free shopping with children)
- There are four topics for parents of 12 –16 years old (Coping with teenagers' emotions; Reducing family conflict; Getting teenagers to cooperate; and Building teenagers' survival skills).
Group Triple P/Group Teen Triple P
Groups of no more than 12 parents attend five sessions and are supported with three phone counselling/catch-up sessions at home. Uses DVDs and workbook to engage parents and reinforce strategies.
- Visit the Triple P website for more information and to see the difference Triple P has made for other families or follow Triple P on Facebook for regular updates and tips.