Do not use your Blue Badge if it has expired - please reapply as a matter of priority.

The relaxation of the issuing of parking Penalty Charging Notices to individuals using an expired Blue Badge ends on 30th September 2020.

Using an expired Blue Badge after this date could result in a Penalty Charge Notice.

UPDATE: Some of the restrictions on emailing have been lifted

We are pleased so say that we are now able to receive some external emails. Until we are completely confident that our servers are not at risk, external emails that include a link or an attachment will continue to be quarantined.  

Emails from us are not affected by the block that is in place, so you should still receive contact from us in this way, although it may take slightly longer than normal. We will let you know when these issues are resolved.

If you need us urgently, please call us.

Adapting your home

If you, or a member of your family, are having difficulty getting around your home due to a physical disability, sensory impairment or old age, you can request an occupational therapy (OT) assessment to assess your needs which may result in suggesting different techniques, advice, or the provision of equipment or adaptations to enable you to live independently.

If you have not been in contact with us before, or if it has been some time since you have been assessed, please contact Adult Social Care in the first instance. The helpdesk can discuss the referral and assessment process with you. We are open from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

All referrals to the OT service are prioritised according to county guidelines. The council will meet the needs of service users as defined in The Care Act 2014.

The OT service will work with you to identify what issues are important to you. We will:

  • Help you to achieve a balance between your self-care, work and leisure activities.
  • Advise you on suitable housing and ways of adapting your home to meet your needs.
  • Help you to remain at home for as long as you are able to do so.
  • Make the best use of the money we have available.
  • Offer advice on benefits you may be entitled to.

You can find further information and advice on aids and adaptations that are available on the Your Circle website.

The assessment and advice is free and some items of equipment and adaptations may also be free. However, if your assessment suggests that you need extensive adaptations which are not funded by supported living, they may be subject to a means test. You will be advised of this during your assessment.

Adult Social Care Helpdesk Enquiry eForm

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.