Messages from Gloucestershire leaders
Leaders at Gloucestershire County Council and partners share messages of support for the campaign and their own thoughts and commitment to equality.
- Cllr Mark Hawthorne, Leader of Gloucestershire County Council
- Pete Bungard, Chief Executive of the Council
- Kathy O’Leary, Chief Executive of Stroud District Council
- Mark Preece, Chief Fire Officer
- Sarah Scott, Executive Director of Adult Social Care and Public Health
- Colin Chick, Director of Economy, Environment and Infrastructure
- Mandy Quayle, Director of People and Digital
- Chris Spencer, Director of Children's Services
- Siobhan Farmer, Deputy Director of Public Health
- Paul Roberts, Chief Executive of Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Councillor Richard Cook, leader of Gloucester City Council
Councillor Richard Cook
"We’re proud to be joining with partners across Gloucestershire to be supporting Black History Month this October. I’d encourage everyone to take time out to learn more about the great contributions black men and women have made throughout our history. As a council we’re committed to looking at the way Gloucester’s story has been told and making sure that those voices which have previously been written out are heard."